A growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security.
- The kernel engineering team is growing to meet demand and is looking for an experienced kernel engineer in Taipei to join our Hardware Enablement Team.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all supported kernels.
- Deliver high-quality support at a kernel and near-kernel level for their hardware platforms.
- Responsibility will be working on partner projects to make hardware components functional and to ensure works well on these latest hardware platforms within project schedules, which includes but not limited to kernel troubleshooting, patching/backporting, kernel bug fixing, device driver integration and maintenance.
- You will have to also work closely with the Stable Kernel Team and Kernel Development Team, as well as the upstream community as a whole, in contributing your work back to them for the best hardware support.
- Develop in multiple areas as described above.
- The position is office-based, but the candidate must also be motivated to communicate and work with people in other countries, and willing to travel globally up to 4 times/yr for engineering sprints.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C programming language.
- Expert skills/experience with git.
- Scripting experience including Bash and Python.
- Broad knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience with kernel patching and debugging.
- Well-organized, self-starting and able to deliver to fixed schedules.
- Ability to function and communicate effectively as part of a globally distributed team.
- Knowledge/experience with Linux kernel upstream processes and release cycle.
- Effective email management skills and instant messaging skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present oneself in a professional manner when interacting with colleagues, business partners, and the open source community.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral.
- Desired skills and experiences.
- Familiarity with ACPI and interacting with it in device drivers.
- Specific focus in one or more linux kernel subsystems is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Arm boot processes (e.g. U-Boot) and Arm bring-up experience.
- We provide competitive salary standards and adjust employees’ salaries according to the overall business conditions and their personal performance.
- In addition to health and labor insurances and monthly pension contributions, the Company also provides group insurances (including life, accidental, injuries, hospitalization, and cancer) as well as overseas business travel insurance to increase overall protection.
- Offers a safe and comfortable work environment and organizes annual health checks to encourage autonomous health management and health prevention.