The company is a wireless infrastructure provider that offers fixed wireless and Wi-Fi /Ethernet radios/RF Solutions to broadband service providers and enterprises to provide Internet access.
The ideal candidate needs to have strong EE background to manage ODMs in Taiwan and China with the excellent communication skills between ODM and internal team. This candidate needs to evaluate schematics and layouts of the design, checking DVT reports and directing the ODM to proper solutions for production.
- Manage and lead programs at outsourced design manufacturers (ODM’s) in Taiwan and China to keep projects on time and within budget.
- Take ownership of the digital, analog, and power supply sub system design during requirements phase, design, and verification at the ODMs. In addition, work with other disciplines (RF, Mechanical, Antenna, etc) to help review designs and solve issues.
- Stay up to date with latest technology trends at Qualcomm and other chip manufacturers.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities including visiting and evaluating new vendors.
- Stay tuned with new technologies and techniques to be used in product development
- Document specifications and designs
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to create new ideas
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Provide a quality eye on our suppliers and partners to ensure processes and procedures are followed to minimize defects.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years industry experience developing real-world products.
- Strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new hardware systems — not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- Relevant experience in mixed signal electrical design (Analog/Digital) for radio products. Including power supplies, high speed memory layout, SPI, Ethernet, USB
- 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing of analog, digital or mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production using operational amplifiers, filters, and transistors, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, power supply components, multi-GHz Serdes, DRAM interfaces (DDR4), CAN, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, FPGAs, ASICs, and processors
- 3+ years of experience with testing/troubleshooting/qualification techniques, signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
- 3+ years of experience with DFx (EMC, EMI, reliability, manufacturability, test, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Expert user in PCB tools such as Cadence Allegro
- Willingness / ability to travel occasionally for customer visits / supplier visits
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team
- English proficiency
- Great position with career progression with global teams.
- Competitive salary structure