This role will be responsible for ensuring the technical aspects of operation system that require strong debugging skills and in-depth knowledge of Linux systems.
- Debug and customize a wide range of software components
- Collaborate with project managers and Field/QA engineers to deal with system-level problems
- Support OEM/ODM customers with software and system engineering
- Work with individual upstream projects to support OEM/ODM customers and locally developed patches for inclusion in the upstream package
- International travel to the EU, USA, China
- Experience in open-source projects development
- Strong X86 Linux software stacks working knowledge such as Linux kernel, device drivers, Grub, UEFI, ACPI, udev, dbus and Gnome desktop.
- Experience in debugging WiFi/BT, USB, Audio, Graphics, Ethernet, Power Management under the Linux Desktop
- Proven experience with C, Python, Shell script
- Experience in automated tools and open-source projects development
- Experience with open-source development tools such as GCC, GNU Make, Autotools, Git/Bzr, GitHub/Gitlab, and Launchpad bug tracking
- Experience with Ubuntu and Debian packaging is a big plus
- Familiar with Wayland/Mir stacks, Gtk toolkit, Flutter toolkit, Golang, Network Protocols is a plus