MNC company providing open source from cloud to desktop and devices.
- Identify custom engineering requests that are not part of an existing business contract.
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed-upon work items.
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans.
- Advocate the appropriate technologies from product portfolio to customers.
- Support different time zones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
- Maintain daily and weekly communication with the client and all internal stakeholders.
- Drive technical issues to reach desired delivery outcomes.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations.
- Manage delivery schedule of critical third-party deliverables for the project.
- Manage projects through their complete life cycle and ensure that the overall goals for both internal and the client are met.
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Successfully deliver engineering professional services for assigned projects.
- Work with engineering teams on custom board enablement and delivery of images to the customers.
- Assist in the development of project statements of work.
- Draft and maintain project-specific schedules/project plans.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Educational degree preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math.
- Solid project management experience in delivering engineering services to customers managing software development teams and field engineers.
- Good knowledge of Linux and the wider Open-Source Software community and understanding of computer architecture.
- Strong leader and problem solver with extensive experience building successful internal and external partnerships and effective working relationships with demanding project sponsors in complex organizational environments.
- PMP/PMI or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred.
- Extensive experience successfully managing projects with cross-cultural and multi-continent internal and external project resources, preferably with resources in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours in support of a worldwide sales and project team.
- Willingness to travel for internal events.
- Fluent in English.
- Great position with career progression with global teams.
- MNC business and culture with ownership.