- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Works with manufacturing partners and tooling to improve manufacturing methods and improve quality.
- Performs work flow analysis and lays out facility to maximize safety, output, quality and profitability.
- Develops work instructions for production processes, as needed.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Must be self-motivated, possess an aggressive work ethic