US company focuses on providing POS solutions and devices.
- Lead the Android OS Development to extending the Android Framework.
- Develop Android OS Framework updates when new OS versions available.
- Setting up standard for SW quality by modern test frameworks and practices.
- Collaborate with SOC vendors and ODM
- Collaborate with SW, HW, Factory and PM teams to build for Device capabilities.
- 5+ years of software development experience, with 3+ years of experience working with Android OS software at the AOSP Framework layer.
- Proficient in C/C++, Java.
- Android and Linux Kernel bring-up / BSP experience.
- Android experience of multi-layer architectures expand from Application, Framework to Kernel
- Experience with Google’s AOSP architecture of Android framework services, Android Native applications (JNI / NDK) or system applications in JAVA/Kotlin.
- Experience with HIDL
- Experience in features development such as WiFi, Camera, USB.
- Experience debugging issues within the Android Framework and Linux Kernel.
- Experience with Git/Gerrit/GitHub, Android command line tools: adb/fastboot.
- Experience in Cloud Development environments: Android Services interact with Cloud backend components.
Good to have｜
- Knowledge of Kernel space like Device Trees’ roles in Device Bringup and configuration.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash.
- Experience working with the Android Networking Stack.
- Experience with Android telephony subsystem and modem bring-up.
- Familiarity with Android security model (SE Linux policy) and secure boot.