The Android OS team aim to build platform that is the foundation for the POS devices enabling creation of features. The team will partner with a broad set of teams including POS RD, Hardware RD, Hardware Operations, Configuration Centers and Manufacturing partners. The desired candidates will have experience with Android OS bring up, can review product schematics and lead technical discussions with the Hardware team.
You will grow the skills of your team over time. You will find creative ways to help your team become more effective & efficient and connect your teams’ work to company’s broader mission. You need to be passionate about the customer’s experience and will work closely with product & design counterparts to validate and deliver world class products to our customers. On a given day, you might be reviewing designs, coordinating discussions between your team and other partner teams, and collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders.
As Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the development and support our Software Platforms. Design and develop the next generation of Android Platform.
- Manage a Software Engineering team located in Taiwan in ways to achieve greater productivity.
- Work closely with a broad set of teams to ensure designs meet the needs of our customers.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the Software development process.
- Collaborate with US based Engineers.
- Create a culture of collaboration with other teams.
- Work with Product Management to establish product requirements for next generation products.
- Foster a culture of innovation within products
- Coach individual contributors for professional and technical development.
- Mentor both new and experienced Team Leads in leadership.
- Guide teams to architect and develop innovative devices that will delight our customers.
- Drive knowledge sharing programs across the engineering organization.
- Lead platform features and make solid technical decisions keeping software quality, security and maintainability.
- Help setting up standard for software quality by adopting modern test frameworks and practices.
- 8+ years of software and embedded device development.
- 3+ years of mentoring and growing successful teams. You will be growing a team.
- Experience working with Hardware teams to review and analyze product schematics.
- Android OS or Linux Kernel bring-up / BSP (Board Support Package) experience.
- Experience writing or integrating, and debugging device drivers e.g. display, power management, WiFi, GPIO drivers or similar.
- Proficient in C/C++, Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience working with source control tools such as Git, Gerrit, GitHub, and with Android command line tools such as adb and fastboot.
- Passionate about solving large scale problems and building great software for customers.
- Ability to travel internationally when required.
- Intermediate level English skills with a higher level of technical comprehension.
- Must have experience with NPI and being passionate about getting the details right the first time out of the gate.
- Experience working with SOC vendors.
- Experience working with bootloaders, Linux device tree configuration, Android HAL or HIDL.
- Experience with the Android Networking Stack.
- Familiar with Android security model (SE Linux policy) usage.
- Experience with Google’s AOSP architecture developing Android framework services, Android Native applications (JNI / NDK) or system applications in JAVA or Kotlin.