A growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organizations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security.
- This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and project management to build a career.
- If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry.
- A high-profile project management role in the fast-paced and technically challenging pre-loading on Tier-1 OEM devices.
- As a Project Manager for Devices business, this role is responsible for the coordination and completion of large complex customer facing projects, overseeing all aspects of project delivery and acting as the primary delivery liaison between engineering teams and customers.
- This is a high-profile project management position where customer relationship management and advocacy for technical assets are strategically crucial.
- You will be responsible for working with all stakeholders in development of project statements of work (SoW).
- You will be required to create, manage, and maintain project specific schedules ensuring devices projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations.
- You will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expected to build and maintain working relationships with team members, customers, other partners/vendors (Silicon vendors, ODMs, IHVs), and other departments/teams.
- Regular preparation of project reports for management regarding status of project will be required.
- Responsible for managing the project through its complete life-cycle and ensuring that the overall goals for both the client are met.
- Periodic international travel is required. Travel amount and duration will vary based on company and project requirements.
- Successfully delivery of professional engineering services for assigned projects.
- Assist in development of project statements of work.
- Draft and maintain project specific schedules / project plans.
- Obtain client agreement to the project schedule and agreed upon work items.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations.
- Manage project risk mitigation and plans.
- Conduct weekly status meetings and quarterly business reviews with customers for assigned projects.
- Maintain daily/weekly communication with the client and all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify custom engineering requests that are not part of an existing business contracts.
- Manage delivery schedule of critical third party deliverables for assigned projects.
- Keep management informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Effectively manage customer relationships for assigned projects.
- Support different time zones and work non-traditional hours as required to support the assigned projects.
- 5+ years of project management experience in a computer oriented / technical service field, ideally with Internet connected devices.
- Degree level education, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and the wider Open Source Software community.
- Extensive experience successfully managing projects with cross-cultural and multi-continent internal and external project resources, preferably with resources in Asia, Europe and the America.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong communicator who is comfortable in a customer facing role managing complex enterprise technical projects.
- Strong leader and problem solver with extensive experience building successful internal and external partnerships and effective working relationships with demanding project sponsors in complex organisational environments.
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours in support of a worldwide sales and project team.
- We provide competitive salary standards and adjust employees’ salaries according to the overall business conditions and their personal performance.
- In addition to health and labor insurances and monthly pension contributions, the Company also provides group insurances (including life, accidental, injuries, hospitalization, and cancer) as well as overseas business travel insurance to increase overall protection.
- Offers a safe and comfortable work environment and organizes annual health checks to encourage autonomous health management and health prevention.